You can use Ø4.8mm pop rivets, with washers to protect the plastic of the Fixes, and/or self tapping screws, but you will need to satisfy yourself of the fixing type and loadings by thoroughly testing the application. Recessing the Fixes into sheet material or tube would be possible, but would require machining with appropriate equipment.
- ‘The Woodworker’ Magazine discusses the benefits of Button-fix
- Secret and Secure – Phil Hall’s ‘How to Guide’ for HVP readers wanting to fit bath panels
- Secret Panelling Solutions for Modern Washrooms discussed in ABCD Magazine
- Button-fix in use at Surface Matter’s London Studio
- The Evolution of Fixings- Building Talk online publication