Where a very thin panel is to be mounted, or where the panel material does not accept screw fixings, bonding the Fix is a potential option. There are a number of Epoxy or polyurethane adhesives suitable for bonding glass filled Nylon PA6; the precise adhesive and strength will depend on the panel material to be bonded. If you use a bonding system, you will need to avoid getting glue inside the Fix cavity or the Button will not fit. You will also need to jig the Fixes so that they have sufficient pressure applied to them and do not move during curing. Please experiment for your particular application and satisfy yourself of the appropriate use of glues, materials, strength etc.
- ‘The Woodworker’ Magazine discusses the benefits of Button-fix
- Secret and Secure – Phil Hall’s ‘How to Guide’ for HVP readers wanting to fit bath panels
- Secret Panelling Solutions for Modern Washrooms discussed in ABCD Magazine
- Button-fix in use at Surface Matter’s London Studio
- The Evolution of Fixings- Building Talk online publication